View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 07:56 PM

I really do not have enough space for whole parts cars. So we are going to be stripping one 123 down pretty far. Pretty much for all parts other than the body shell.

It is extremely sound mechanically. I figure whoever gets this type of car already in the family might use them. . I am already kicking myself for letting some cars go over the years.

Low milage examples with too much rust. It is time to sell off some surplus earlier Mercedes gas engines. I did not originally keep them with selling them in mind. Today I see posters in the early car section looking for good ones. I kept no well worn engines. There would have been little sense in that.

It is like all the perfect interiors and dash pads I let go with some cars. I figured nobody would pay even the shipping. Times have changed. I will be saving the almost perfect black interior out of the 123. I just need a really good black seat bottom cover for the passenger seat.

Someone spilled something on the material or the material had some form of manufacturing defect. I could just retain the factory seat covers and door panels. But the fundamental seats are still totally sound. I have a fair amount of indoor space but it gets consumed or used by things with a higher priority.