View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 02:23 PM

Very nice 85 Euro, 5 speed, TD

I bought this TD nine years ago with 218K miles on it from a guy in Seattle (247748 at present). It had been owned by a doctor in British Columbia and the "MB Club Russia" showed it was originally sold in Belgium. There were no receipts for any work done by this second owner for the simple reason he apparently hadn't done any. Seems like that is the case with many of these cars which cost a hansom price to the original buyer usually meaning he takes good care of it. He later sells the car to someone that heard these cars will go a million miles and sadly the maintenance is usually not kept up. In this case the second owner hadn't had the TD too long when the SLS needed attention, among other repairs. The things I did to the car is far to long to list here. My wife and I had family in Ca and the TD was a beautiful road car to drive south, a real pleasure on the freeway and easy on fuel in fifth gear. We no longer go south and the roads around here are mostly two lane plus having three of these W123s is a bit ridiculous. After having a recent vacuum problem I realized its time to "cut back". Pics can be found at my profile at http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/members/stevo.html Asking $7200.00

1985 Euro 240D 5 spd 140K
1979 240D 5 spd, 40K on engine rebuild
1994 Dodge/Cummins, 5 spd, 121K
1964 Allice Chalmers D15 tractor
2014 Kubota L3800 tractor
1964 VW bug

"Lifes too short to drive a boring car"