View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark82 View Post
Where in the FSM? I looked in two engine manuals and didnt find anything on the vacuum system. Volume/title/chapter/page?

Also checked startek.

Dont quite understand the check valve issue. This car has serious trans shifting problem, wont get 4th until its spun up to what must be redline. Cant remember the brakes, they worked fine but usually if you hold light pressure with a vacuum problem they will slowly release. Dont remember if that was an issue. Almost all of the vacuum lines have been cut.
I rebuilt the Transmission on my Chevy van and am entirely surprised it worked. But, besides filter changes I have only changed the B2 Piston on my 84 300D.
However, this info is from an ATSG transmission manual. This is the closet one that fit your description. (Note the ASTG Manual while widely available is not noted having great info in it.)

Complaint: Transmission slips during 3-4 shift. 1 Check Modulating Pressure and Adjust if Required, 2 Exchange Shift Valve Housings (note that the shift valve housing is the block that contains all of the shift valves), 3 Renew Inner Plates of Clutch K2, Recondition the Clutch According to Condition.

Note that people have had various springs inside of the shift valve break. There used to be kits for that or you used to be able to get individual springs from Mercedes.
Also note that there is different variations of spring packs from model year to model year.