View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob338 View Post
I've got 48K miles on my GLK250 and NEVER had any kind of problem, warranty or otherwise. At least in my model there were indications of some bad sensors in the exhaust system, many replaced in cars produced from August to November of 2013. Mine was built in March/April of that year for factory delivery. There are some indications of low use and much stop-and-go driving in cars that did have problems. I seldom use mine for trips less than 20 miles. My personal belief is that there is more noise than substance to the problems.
I didn't have any problems either and I am sure that those like yourself with low mileage and good performance are bound to be defensive. But there are problems as I am sure you have read on the GLK forums.

This is one shops's post that crops up in several places: https://www.facebook.com/LinosAutoRepairsInc/posts/this-is-best-summary-of-bluetec-diesel-problems-we-found-so-farit-sums-everythin/785510888253257/

I love the older Mercedes diesels and always wanted to buy a new one. When I did, I hadn't realized just how much they had changed. Still drive my 85 300D regularly!