View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Posting since Jan 2000

C8 Corvette Will Only be Available with Two Pedals

I realize that I am whining to the wrong group since the vast majority of MB drivers have never driven one with a manual. That said, the C8 will not be available with a manual. They FINALLY put out a mid engine then deny the manual.

All but one MB that I have owned have had manuals. Almost every vehicle I have ever owned has been a manual. I LIKE my manuals. I know, I know, the automatic technology has surpassed that of the manual. The problem for me is that I THOROUGHLY ENJOY driving a manual. I would not be buying a new Vette, but a mid engine vette with a stick MIGHT have been something I would have bought in the used market at some point in the future.

The excuses they give for no manual are more of an indication of their lack of engineering prowess than valid reasons. Things like there isn’t enough room in the floor well for three pedals. You engineered the car. Make room for them.

Okay, so I know you are all going to tell me how superior an automatic is. Again I DONT CARE! I like driving a manual.

End of rant.