View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 04:26 PM

What is this green spring and its location?

On my 1994 Mercedes E320 wagon, I tried to removed the transmission rear case housing, removing all nine bolts. It was stuck due to the kickdown solenoid bolt was in the way (on the right side bottom of the transmission rear case facing me). So I removed the bolt from the kickdown solenoid and the transmission rear case housing was removed with ease. Then I notice something on the ground. There is a green spring that appears out of nowhere. Where does the green spring come from? I am guessing that this green spring came out of the kickback solenoid after I removed the bolt that I did not noticed it? If that is true, should I replace this green spring with a new one or could I bent it back into its regular shape without no harm, no foul? If I need to replace this green spring, what is the part name and number so I can order a new spring online? See the pictures. A diagram of the parts location would be helpful. Any comments, feedback and/or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all for reading this post.
Attached Thumbnails
What is this green spring and its location?-dscf0011_1.jpg   What is this green spring and its location?-dscf0012_1.jpg   What is this green spring and its location?-dscf0013_1.jpg