View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by psfred
The blue line is a pressure line, not vac.

The shutoff is brown with a blue stripe, fed vac from the main vac line to the brake booster by a brown plastic line -- the shutoff is vacuum powered, not electric.

The wires on the valve cover "box" are for something else -- the shutoff is on the rear of the injection pump, left hand side of engine.

Lack of movement of the control rod is bad bushings in the pivots on the firewall. This will greatly reduce performance, as the "throttle" will only travel about half the normal distance.

Peter
huh u lost me.. I have no brake booster and no brown line....but I think that is because you did not catch that this is NOT a stock set up, thus stock colors of wires and vacume lines in most ways dont exist. And yes the red wire as indicated for the shut off isssssss for sure the shut off cause I was there when the mechanic added it. The vaccume/Elec. box is sorta mounted into a bracket and bolted in place on the engine. In the picture you can see it has vacume and electric ports. This is what he hooked the shut off too. Before there was no elec. shut off but a manuel one done by pulling a cable to bring the throttle back to the dead end where it cut off the engine.

Im wondering if what he did was put a manuel shut off switch replacing the automatic turbo overbooste switch. This would make since if the automatic overbooste switch works as a kill switch. If that is the case I should wire the over booste to the same wire where he added the manuel switch.

your comments about bushings in throttle linkages also may or may not be relevant. I have no clue what parts are 617 linkage and what parts are homebrew / unimog stuff.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels

Last edited by coachgeo; 05-11-2003 at 11:57 PM.