View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 06:12 PM

We have owned a Honda product since our first new 1986 Honda Accord. I would have to go back to around 1972 if I included the motorcycles. Anyway, as far as cheap to operate and run I don't have anything but good things to say. The current CRV has 130k+ miles and I have just recently replaced the front rotors. I went to Mobil 1 at 110k miles without any leaks appearing. It has NEVER had a check engine light come on and is still on the original O2 sensors. It will cruise at 80 mph all day long with the a/c going full blast and still get between 22 and 24 mpg. I do notice that the 1/2 shaft on the passenger side front is starting to leak a little but my plans are to run it to failure. I had a friend run his 1/2 shafts to failure on a 80's Camry and he got up to around 230k before he finally had to replace them. His car is over 320k miles now. Granted it is not as sturdy as a W123 at that mileage but it is still going and getting good mileage. I did take the CRV to the dealer and have the timing belt, cam/crank seals and water pump changed at 110k miles per the book. I have yet to do a timing belt on a car. I don't consider it that big of a deal every 110k miles to pay someone to do it.
Oh yea - I kinda like the Element.