View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 05:34 AM
Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
Good choice. Parts when and if needed should be reasonable and available. Plus no real rust from that region of the country.

We were talking about light trucks over coffee today with a brother in law. I asked him what he thought as general motors is advertising a light truck that can pull 30 thousand pounds. He did say the 3/4 ton trucks use the same chassis and suspension as the 1 tons. Still I thought to myself I would not want 15 tons behind me in what is still a light truck to me . I see the chances of the tail wagging the dog as too strong a possibility even with a fifth wheel type of mount.

It was also somewhat of a surprise that general motors light trucks where in general rated so poorly. I have picked up this on a few articles in the last few years. I think I saw a survey where only 20 percent of owners where happy with them.
I've never been a fan of Chevy trucks. Every family member that has had one has had nothing but troubles with rusted frames, broken suspension parts, weak axles, etc. Dodge looks great, but how many 25-30 year old Dodge trucks do you still see on the roads? Ford is popular everywhere, and I see Bull, Brick and Aero nosed Ford trucks still on the roads all over the country...plus they hold value.

I'll take a Ford over any other domestic pick-up truck, anytime.

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.