View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 12:57 PM
Master hull craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.C. View Post
The vast majority of cars in the U.S. are not sports cars, but are more mundane vehicles that are tasked to function in today's environment. Perhaps a six-speed manual makes some sense out in the more rustic areas of our country. Now imagine that you are in an urban setting, in stop-and-go traffic. That automatic seems to make more sense in that environment.

If man was meant to operate a manual transmission, he would have had three feet...
You don't need three feet to operate three pedals. I do it all day long. Hee and toe, or more accurately ball of foot and side of heel. The only reason the dct is a thing now is for the numbers crunchers selling cars. Who gives a f if your car does 0-60 in 3.8 or 4.0 seconds? The guys printing it to sell cars is who. Add in a bunch of kids who grew up playing video games and can't or don't want to learn how to drive. If you honestly prefer a paddle shifter (While driving fast) you can't drive a manual to a very high level. A manual with a clutch pedal is infinitely more enjoyable to drive FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE VERY GOOD AT IT. I don't need a computer to rev match when I down shift. It's BS there is no full manual car. They should have it setup where you can put it in manual and use the clutch pedal and shifter or put it in auto. The technology is there. There are companys that make real shifter conversions for Ferraris. The majority of the rich guys that can afford these cars can't drive so they would look real dumb stalling thier cars at the valet. Bottom line is for 10ths of a second off lap times and sales brochures flappy paddle nonsense wins. For real driving enthusiast manual wins. If you disagree you are not fully comfortable driving stick. There is no situation where im worried about a stick shift. Hills, mud , snow. Race track, traffic (which can get tiresome but I'll take the long way instead of the traffic anyway).

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk