View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 11:47 AM
Watching SB LII every day

those are attached with small trim screws through the inner lip usually, right? i see no reason you couldn't but i would pull the other ones and check. just because you don't see any rust doesn't mean those chrome pieces aren't hiding some. they tend to trap all the stuff you don't want and can cause rust, as is what likely happened on the one corner.
since you're sending it to the shop it would be a shame to miss some hidden rust that could be mitigated while you're there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman View Post
The 85TD is almost ready to go to the shop for rust repair. There were leaks allowed by a cracked windshield gasket, incorrect sunroof seals, clogged sunroof drains and leaves accumulated at the rear of the drip rails.

This car has chrome trim around the wheel wells and there is a rust hole directly behind the rear passenger chrome. No other corners show rust and I'd like to remove the chrome from the damaged corner and leave the others alone.

See attached pic. Thoughts?

PS, It would be nice if the web master would resize the uploads so posting would be easier. I have no reason to resize other than for this site.

James 4:8

"...let us put aside the blindness of mind of those who can conceive of nothing higher than what is known through the senses"
-Saint Gregory Palamas, ---Discourse on the Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ

Centrally located in North East Central Pa.