View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 01:04 AM

Agree on quality. A long or even easy to use warranty means absolutely nothing if there are repeated failures. I buy remanned calipers locally because some are so bad they don't work out of the box. I test any remmaned alternators or starters before leaving the store for the same reason. I've also learned the hard way to keep cores until I have some mileage on the new part because, stores ship cores soon and they have no way to give a core back once it's shipped which is a problem if you ever get a cash refund.

The 85SD is about to come out of the shop after a complete repaint needs rear windshield seal and trunk seal. Both cause problems when they leak.

The 85TD needs windshield seal, trunk window seal and the trunk seal. I'll bite the bullet and go OE if available. These particular cars are too good to let leaks rust them away and I'm getting too old to do things twice.

The PO said that sunroof seals had been replaced twice. The seals were too thick in the corners and held the sunroof off from where it is supposed to seat. I replaced with OE and it works fine. This car has multiple rust holes from neglected or improperly replaced seals. I don't know the brand that I replaced but even paying a glass man for windshield R&R would have been cheaper than replacing the floor.
85SD 240K & stopped counting painted, putting bac together. 84SD 180,000. sold to a neighbor and member here but I forget his handle. The 84 is much improved from when I had it. 85TD beginning to repair to DD status. Lots of stuff to do.

Last edited by Junkman; 06-27-2020 at 01:15 AM.