View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
Thanks for the post of a product I had only read about.

Having it straightened out is also a good idea if there is anyone that still does that but I am thinking the cost would be about the same.

The issue with the bushings is that they will eventually go out and are going to be another expense to replace at their high cost.
hideous amount of money to get somone to put it on a frame machine and analyze some tiny distortion ( that o.1 degree too much camber L side is freakin me out man) Regardless no frame people will touch it. I did ask around.

These bushes are super tough material. Cost (I view $350 as chicken feed after engine trans body paint, 1 collision repair, one hood / windshield gust of wind scooped hyper flexed the hood, cut off weld on LR quarter, hammer dolly RR quarter, all new rear and front suspension bushings, rebuild SLS) should add on frame repair( that o.1 degree too much camber L side is freain me out) if anyone could survey and analyze it. Do you know anyone? A thing of the past except for bug bucks insurance $ collision repair of newer car $$$$$

My intended question, apparently I did not correctly phrase it .... with one side .1 degree outside MB factory spec camber, the other at the top limit within MB factory spec alignment camber range, and the caster set a bit weird (that is a head scratcher, why?... caster not really a big deal regarding tire wear anyway except... when combined with other alignment factors that are badly out whack....)

......does it even matter for tire wear which is my concern, in its current state of alignment. The more I hear from y'all my sense is no. caster insignificant, camber (+/-) irrelevant, toe on the money.

I'll see if I can get it adjusted to dead in the center of the MB spec. Wheel works will put it back on their alingment machine free, I'm sure it will go there. IT is so close now 0.3 degrees on one side, 0.2 on the other from dead center of the range..

I'm willing to make it interesting regarding the bushes ever wearing out before climate change make fossil fuels a thing of the past. That will happen first.

I run HPR from sweden made form beef tallow. Great stuff, cheaper, No stink, more energy than petro diesel

Last edited by Rocket99; 07-27-2020 at 07:55 PM. Reason: straiten these guys out, do 'em a favor