View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 11:18 PM
Rule #1, don't freak out.

thank you for the response. I'm not sure if I got the double jump when I installed the tc. and also don't know why I didn't think of checking the seal to the neck of the converter before Installed it.

I know it will be kinda difficult but could you try to explain how the TV will jump back 2 times? I understand how it will click into those little notches that are on the TC shaft but how does it's jump in a second time?

I remember one night before. I started the install and was trying to check the OD of the TC vs the ID of the transmission input but I couldn't fit the calipers inside the bell and got a case of the "F it's"

i really think I just didn't seat the TC all the way. Now that I think about it I had to remove that plastic plug that stops the TC from falling out during install because the TC wouldn't spin freely (yes I turned it so the crooked part was facing out) This should have been a bigger red flag then I assumed it was in hind site.

Well live and learn I'm sure doing the job a second time will go 5 times faster now that I've figured out all the tricks and what order of doing things is the best.

I'll update once I get it pulled and inspect the TC seating.

And yes I did check to see if was as simple as the drain plug leaking. it wasn't that. New plug me crush washer torqued to spec as well

Last edited by tdoublenastywitit; 02-04-2021 at 12:18 AM.