View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 02:43 PM
Rule #1, don't freak out.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkblotz View Post
If you were able to batten down the torque converter flush to the mount by tightening down all the bolts through the window at the back of the engine then the nose should not be a factor. A longshot were you able to fully secure all the bell housing bolts?
ya I got them all torqued to spec. but after tightening them I could only turn the engine by the main crankshaft bolt on the engine. turning it with the power steering bolt was nearly impossible, it just felt extremely tight. I've always turned the engine by hand with ps bolt and pulling on the belt. the starter didn't have a problem cranking the engine or anything like that tho.

one thing I remember now is this, when I first started tightening the bell housing bolts I started from the bottom and tried to pull it together with an impact. At two separate occasions during this process I heard a sharp metal "ping" I assumed it was the two "alignment knubs" on the bell housing that were popping into place or the center alignment nub on the TV seating into the engine.. although on second thought it defentily resembled a sound of something metal either breaking or popping into or out of place.

After I this method of bolt up wasn't working I took all the bolts out, adjusted my jack on the transmission and started bolting down from the top. This made it so I didn't have to suck anything together with the bolts, everything was pretty close to lined up and the sound never happened again.

it's raining outside again and trying to get the drive to get under the car and get over this discouraged feeling I have. Hope to get going sometime today and get se. answers.

Thanks for the input guys