View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 09:40 AM

1999 W210 E300 Turbodiesel Block Heater Question?

Is there an OE block heater on a 1999 E300 Turbodiesel? If so where is it located? Jake12tech said in a post, “I ordered a block heater cord for it.” Which makes me think mine may have a block heater and just needs a cord. My car starts ok in this weather but dies after 5 min or so. The car is new to me so we are still getting acquainted, but I suspect more of a fuel issue since it starts so well. I have added diesel additives, a winter anti-gel formula with moisture dispersant and injector cleaner. A few days ago when I was refueling I noticed moisture on the inside of the fuel cap from condensate so I assumed I may have a water in fuel issue. Yesterday I changed the fuel filter and drained its contents into a clean container, there was no water present, but a lot of small particulate crud came out of it, (looked like ground up O-ring material). The car has quit me twice about 5 minutes after a cold start. Both times I used a small electric heater and blew warm air on the fuel filter until warm to touch and it ran ok afterwards. It would be much better with our current weather conditions if a block heater were in use. It’s now 5 degrees here in NW Oklahoma tonight's low is forecast to be -8, then tomorrow’s high of 6 then low of-8 then a high of 8 etc. etc. Thanks Kirk T.