View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 08:37 PM

C36 unintended acceleration

So last night I had a hairy situation, we were on the motorway and I accelerated from about 80kph to get to the 100kph limit, when I eased off it just kept accelerating.

I was able to use the brakes to keep it in check, but I was concerned about fade as there was nowhere to pull off until the next exit which was a couple of kilometres.

I tried the cancel on cruise control, just in case, but that didn't help. Fortunately just before my exit whatever had gone wrong corrected itself, and I was able to make it home (a couple of blocks) without further drama.

I checked the floormat to see if it had caught under the pedal but it was clear and secure. I had this happen once with an aftermarket mat after I floored my Barra Turbo and that was scary af.

Of course there is nothing open til Tuesday, but to complicate matters we were about to leave for a trip on Monday. Worried about driving it as you can imagine.

I have had a look at the engine and can't see anything obvious. Have also done a search and nothing much comes up.

Anyone shed some light?