View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 05:35 AM
Master hull craftsman

The car is running great. The pump rack limiter tuning and 25° timing seems to work fantastic. It's quick enough that the propane isn't necessary really. But it really does pull strong from about 2100 with one of the propane solenoids activated. I haven't really messed with the second "kit" much. I don't think it will hurt it but I really don't want to. Unfortunately I still have this sound. It was very minor at first but seems like it may be increasing. It's only when I'm starting to apply more power with the clutch up to when the clutch is fully engaged it stops. So in-between some significant power application and when the engine and trans are fully locked it when it makes noise. I had found the pilot bearing (in the last engine that came out) actually loose in the crank to the point I just slid it out. Not rattling around at all but not pressed. So I installed the new custom bronze bushing that fit quite tight in the crank and honed the inside bronze part to fit the pilot shaft perfectly. I very lightly greased it and it all went together beautifully. The first couple days I only heard that chirpy sound a couple times. Today it seems to be easier to get it to do it. I'm wondering if the non oilite bronze is starting to make noise? There's no noise at all under clutch depressed or released. Maybe a little bearing noise when in neutral and clutch pedal released but not that chirpy sound. I keep thinking it could be the main bearing in the front of the trans but I think it would make a lot of noise all the time if it was messed up. It drives perfect,just makes the noise under quick clutch engagement and if I really wind it up and slip it I can get it to kinda drag the noise out like a little squealy noise. It's irritating that I have to hold back on seeing what it's fully capable of still. I've put close to 400 miles on it so the clutch should be pretty well bedded. I revved it up and dropped it one time last night and spun the tire(only one[emoji3525]) pretty easily. Anyone have any other thoughts? It's all new clutch parts, pressure plate, disc, throwout bearing. I'm just wondering if the chirping before was the pilot bearing in the crank and now it's the bushing? I don't think it could be the needle bearing in the main shaft.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk