View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 03:42 PM
Renaissances Dude

You wonder why he didn't take more care in staging for the photos. Oil jugs in the back seat floor, the hood looks like it's been popped in the first pic, driver's seat inclined back.

First pic I've seen of the particulate trap.

My SDL will be boneyard bound pretty soon. Either blown head gasket or cracked head. I'd like to work on it but I'm soon to be booted from my warehouse/shop - fell behind on rent during COVID largely due to surgery and illness. No way I'm going to find a good place to work on it at this point.

Much stronger now but the landlord is a hardnosed sum beetch. I'm 2 miles from Facebook Hq, the rent is too damned high anyway.

The EGR delete/particulate trap bypass seems well done to me. I might take that off and save it. Also the aluminum radiator is about 1.5 years old, the motor mount shocks one year old, the starter about 3-4 years old. All the ignition switching stuff is a few years old - as some of it is NA now, might be good to pull that. Perhaps the coolant resorvoir as well. It's ugly but it doesn't leak.

I know that P n P will not buy if certain parts are missing, not sure why, but I think I'd be good removing the ones mentioned.