View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123boy View Post
PB Blaster is garbage IMHO. I've never had good luck with it. Cheap, over-hyped crap.
Get yourself some GOOD penetrating oil. It's not cheap, but worth it's weight. The old adage applies: You get what you pay for. "Kroil" is the "good stuff"! Use it sparingly, exactly where it's needed. Not hosed all over the place. Let it sit, then apply some more.
"Sugar Bear" is absolutely correct: "Patience really pays here". Also correct on the heating/cooling technique. Lots of good info/threads, on Pelican, concerning this task.
You must resist the urge to hurry this along. If it breaks, you'll really be in a world of hurt. Good luck!
There is more then one PB Blaster product. One is like WD-40 the other is the penetrant.
I have extensive experience (18 years as a mechanic) with the old school liquid wrench penetrating oils and PB Blaster works significantly better compared to those. Any way that is my personal experience.

What I don't like about the PB Blaster Penetrant is the smell and it does not come with the skinny tube; at least out here it does not. For some reason their other product the WD-40 like PB Blaster comes with the skinny tube.

I would like to try Kroil but it is not sold at local hardware stores.

Last edited by Diesel911; 07-16-2021 at 12:59 AM.