View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
Any tips on how to get that one out w/o cussing so loud the neighbors 2 streets away can hear? lol

2 came out easy, 2 more came loose but were stuck and had to wiggle, ratchet, pull, repeat for a while to get them out where the carbon wanted them to stick in there. #4 I think it is is loose, but was getting too hot and it's probably going to take lots of in/out/wiggling like the others due to being a little stuck with carbon. However, that #6 is going to SUCK due to that oil filter housing being in the way. It's slowing coming a little bit at a time. I've been using a ton of PB Blaster, even squirted a little atf down on the threads to help loosen it up. I do have a magnetic induction heater on its way today to help warm it up and see if that helps...but is there any other way other than deep socket it until the ratchet it up against the oil filter housing, then switch to a wrench?
Where there is room for it people have used a combination wrench with a ratchet on the box end (gear wrench) see attached pic. They also have ones where the ratchet end has a flex head.
However, I would not break loose something with the ratchet end as it might be too delicate for that.
Attached Thumbnails
All 606 glow plugs are out...except for #6-gear-wrench.jpg