View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 04:07 PM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomachines View Post
Mine just had generic loop terminals in a lead, which has a waterproof plug on the other end. I was able to just stack the loop terminals on top of my batt terminal bolts, and the negavtive goes to a nearby body ground (or negative terminal if you can't find one). Then it has the small waterproof plug you put the tender on. I have the leads on my car permanantly and just plu/unplug the tender from it when parked, which is always plugged in the wall. The tender came with traditional squeeze clamps too, but that would not be a good solution here. I think this would be a very good solution for the situation stated in the OP. Relays and cutoffs seem like way too much of an error-prone and tedious workaround.
I figured it must be something like that. The squeeze clamps really would not work of course. The charger I use most of the time is a little too busy. It has a gauge and an idiot light to tell you when you’re connected. One time I had had it on all night and just unplugged it the next morning at the outlet as I was in a hurry. Mistake. The idiot light and other features drained the battery absent 110V input.