View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 06:34 PM

Tuned 722.6 TCU: First Impressions

Finally got around to getting a tuned TCU for one of the CDI's. Easy to swap out...lives under the carpet in passenger footwell.

In addition to Comfort (C) and Sport (S), I now have Agility/Sport+ (A) and Manual (M) modes. By pressing the C/S button you toggle through the four modes. In manual, you shift gears by bumping shifter to left or right. When there is a need to downshift, that happens automatically, which is a nice feature.

So far I'm pretty impressed. Everything just seems smoother and tighter...no slop. Trying to decide whether to drive in A or S most of the time. $300 well spent.

FWIW the description from the tuner: "TCU tune really brings out ECU tune. Car feels like it's pulling faster due to modified lockup clutch engagement. Also torque limiters are modified, engine doesn't drop boost between shifts, so it just keeps pulling; shifts are quicker."

I'll live with this one for a few months then probably get another for the other CDI.

So, if anyone's looking to buy a new toy with any of that leftover stimulus money, this is it!

19 Honda CR-V EX 61k mi
Fourteen other MB's owned and sold
1961 Very Tolerant Wife

Last edited by shertex; 08-18-2021 at 11:52 AM.