View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 05:01 PM
Shadetree

Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
2nd the water separator. Best place to remove moisture is between the compressor and tank (that's the setup I use) with an after cooler and water separator since a hot tank of air makes it difficult to remove moisture. With my setup the tank is cool even after hrs of media blasting.
I have seen many home jobs that are show worthy but most of the work is the body work and prep-actually shooting it takes little time compared to the prep+ the polishing if you go that route. There are lots of U tube videos on the subject.
I routed the air from the pump to a '85 SE AC condenser, a water separator then back to the tank. After the tank I ran the air through a 'cool can,' constructed using a 5 gal bucket, ~35 ft of copper line through which air entered at the top and exited through the bottom (1) directly into a 1" NPT pipe. The pipe assembly consisted of an 4" pipe down from the bucket to a tee where the air was directed horizontally to a oil/water separation filter system. Extending from the bottom of the tee was a 6" pipe with a ball valve on the bottom.

I've only gotten a few drops from the ball valve so the condenser stage seems to be taking almost all the load, I'd guess 98+% of the moisture. I've gotten nothing at the oil/water separation assembly. I might have seen a mist once but not even a drop.

1. I filled the bucket with water and drop a jug of frozen water into the center each morning. This in honor those hot rodders who used a large coffee can and coil of copper line to cool and condense gasoline back in the 1960s.
95 318ic