View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 01:25 PM
TNM

Well, I took out the Damper Screw and went to Crown Eurocars the local Benz dealer. generally I have bought parts form them rather cheaply - motor mounts and anything else I wanted. For that screw they wanted $76.14. (oddly they didn't have it in stock either) I told them I'd try to find it cheaper. Performance Products - who sold me my floor mats sells them for $26 plus whatever shipping will be. Is there going to be a diference in quality? I do think there is some noticable difference after replacing the pin (which is silver/old engine colored). But5 adjusting it in and out I really couldn't notice much difference in Idle speed or shake except at extreames of almost out compared to in. Will the one from Performance parts be the same quality as the one from MB? I don't mind paying more sometime even if I"m not really getting more but 3X as much is a bit rediculous.
Tom - who saw a 300SDL in for service there in wonderful shap Blue but with Gray interior instead of that (IMO ugly Blue Mercedes leather).