View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 10:52 AM

I didn't check that because when I shorted the #s 7 and 8 pin receptacles I heard the fuel pumps energize, then started the engine and took it for a short ride around the neighborhood to check that everything worked, and all was okay.

Yesterday morning I arrived at the Pelican warehouse in Harbor City a little before 7 AM. By a little after 7 no one had yet arrived, so I called and found out that it's not a walk in facility, but they have "curbside" pickup for previously ordered parts, but it doesn't start until 0930.

The Web site showed three FPRs... Mercedes, Striebel, and Uro. I wanted the MB part but both the MB and Striebel parts were out of stock, and the nearest Uro part was in San Francisco. It shipped to my house yesterday, and I hope to have it this week.

The Uro part was a little over half the price of the MB and Striebel parts, but Uro has a spotty reputation.

If anyone has installed a Uro fuel pump relay can you tell me how long it's been installed, how many miles, and if it's performed okay?

I know that FPRs can fail due to cracked solder joints, so I'll be taking the dead one apart to see if I can repair it and keep it as a spare.

Duke