View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 08:09 AM

Quote:
A couple of years ago I actually down-graded
I'm thinking this is where I'll be headed in the future when looking for something else. Last vehicle I added to the fleet was the 2012 GL450 - v8, no turbo/supercharger. I'm of the opinion that the engine in it is a longer lasting engine (before you have to go into timing chain components) than the m276/278.

If anyone has a pic/cutaway showing what is between the engine and transmission on the GLS450 vehicle I'd be interested in seeing it.

Just out of curiosity I got a price for the electric compressor from the dealer and it was right at $1000 which I did not think was that bad. Maybe this could be an upgrade option for the 123 cars. There is no reason it would have to be mounted to the engine. Tesla has been running the electric compressor for a few years now and as Tim said, we've had no issues at all with the electric power steering in the GLK350.

The rear tires were severely over inflated so that did not help in getting long life out of them. There is still a little tread left on the outer edges. She said she does not drive it hard but I suspect she likes the acceleration of the motor/turbo engine. Her hubby has a C63 that he drives on occasion.

Y'all excuse me while I go change the fuel filter on a 1980 240D that is in the shop.