View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 11:30 PM
sflori

We've got an intersection of three highways here that has been billed as the "third worst intersection" in the country a few times.

I-395, I-95, and I-495 all converge into one spot at the bottom of the beltway. There isn't a day that goes by that then entire area isn't completely jammed!

Now they're "fixing" it with a mult-million dollar improvement that is adding lanes on all the highways. While it will improve things eventually, of course the construction is making things worse in the short run-- a necessary evil, I suppose. Today a large dump truck pulled out of the construction area in the middle of the beltway into the left hand lane. Everyone had to slam on their brakes (I suppose we should have been driving slower...), but what made it worse was us all having to drive over a large piece of metal that had been deposited by some earlier truck.

The worst thought is that they've already realized that the entire project will NOT keep up with the growing population in the area. It's hopeless!!