View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Card Carrying Member

Leathermang,

That sounds like a very social suggestion... I like stopping at libraries anyway! I'll use this thread to post my progress reports which, by the way, will be starting in your "general" geographic location... heh heh.

One problem I know I'm going to have (and I hope the only one...) is a flakey combination switch on the column that wants to switch between low and high beams---on its own. Owner said it recently went bad and offered to replace it, but I pointed out that I would probably arrive before the part came---so I will replace it when I get home. He said that he had no trouble driving the car at night by keeping a slight thumb pressure on it. I'm going to bring along a bit of duct tape (please stop laughing) and an assortment of rubber bands----with which I'm certain I can approximate "slight thumb pressure."

Other than that---and the obvious complication of never having driven a diesel engine vehicle ever before---it should be a very interesting trip! With some luck and good timing, I should be able to stop and pick up my younger daughter at her college to take her home for Thanksgiving---boy will she be surprised! My girls are used to seeing me driving an odd assortment of rough looking 4x4 beaters.