View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 01:12 AM
Orkrist

This is the second post I've seen about dealers and bad mechanics for old MBs. It' too bad. I was referred to my mechanic from some other older car enthusiasts and he rocks. He's in K.C., MO if anyone wants to know. I go to the shop to get my car and we end up talking about cars or I end up talking to other customers about cars and its cool, a lot of enthusiasts. I just got my car back and this was the damage: new rear brake lines, new CV boots, diff fluid change, oil change, new sunroof switch, and some trim was reattached to the inside where it was coming off. Total was $525. I think the oil change was around 60 - 70 of that. I still need to have the thermostat and water pump replaced for about $400, and I have an estimate for rust repair and painting on the rear wheels of both sides and one little rust hole on the bottom middle of the drivers side for $800. It isn't cheap, but its half the estimate I got at the local MB shop "Star Motors", who have a reputation for ripping people off royally, like charging for parts they don't replace. My mechanic will actually take a car back to "Star" if they claimed they worked on it or replaced something and show it to them so they can see that they actually didn't. Pretty nervy, I thought.