View Single Post
Old 12-29-2000, 12:06 AM
Another View. . .

Well, thank you, diesel brother Bill! Y'know, I always end up buttin' heads with guys who I have a lot in common with, or at least ones that I'd have a beer or two with under other circumstances. You sound like one of those kind of guys.

I did my homework, and found your website. As a former truck driver, and as someone who owned his own trucking company, I can see why I would lock horns with a dispatcher at a trucking company in Houston! (Heh, heh, heh...)

We who live by the busted balls also die by the same process. My response to you was intended to get some good natured licks in at you as well (big surprise, eh?). I obviously know that the difference between a Senior member and a Junior one is a matter of a few mere months. But, hey, I'm ruthless, what can I say?

Perhaps the term recall was a bit strong, or maybe you missed the humor in my suggestion for a recall of a minor part. I was only half serious. The serious part was objecting to MB overcharging for a part that costs them pennies to produce in quantity. The rest was strictly, as the G-Man sez, Bravo Sierra.

Bill, old man, you sound like an excellent source of information on the subject of 300SD's, and I would welcome the opportunity as a new owner of one of these cars, to pick your brain.

Scott Longston
Northern California Wine Country...
"Turbos whistle, grapes wine..."