View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Spark Free

And now a word about Mercedesshop philosophy. From time to time I get questions like this via PM or email, and I am very reluctant to answer them in private for two reasons.

1. Other people may be reading the board and have the exact same problem, but they will get no benefit from a private email conversation. Searching the archives is a very powerful thing, so it is best that everything is conducted here "in the open" for the benefit of all, now and in the future.

2. I'm not perfect. Everyone makes mistakes, and an incorrect answer here will almost certainly be challenged by someone else, while an incorrect answer in an email may lead you astray and cost you unnecessary time and money. The real power of Mercedesshop is the collective wisdom of all the members, not just a few or just one.

You may have noticed that in many of my posts, I provide links to other posts. This is because I tend to have a lot of free time at work, so I'm able to read everything in this forum, and I remember much of what is posted. I know which members have expertise in which areas, and what has been discussed over the past few months. I'm happy to hold someone's hand and help them find answers here, but they should at least try to search for it themselves first.

And a final note regarding the fear of being flamed. If you're scared to post here because you think someone might insult or ridicule (flame) you, please remember that you can always just delete your post. If yours is the first post in a thread, then deleting it will make the whole thread go away. So, get over your timidity, and post away!
2017 Nissan LEAF
Former MB: 99 E300, 86 190E 2.3, 87 300E, 80 240D, 82 204D Euro
Chain Elongation References