View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 11:34 PM

Unhappy Central Locking Dead 300TE

Help! My central locking appears to have died. After not driving the car for a few weeks I unlocked the passenger side door using the key. Then a few minutes later I unlocked the driver's side door and none of the other doors unlocked. If I unlock them by hand, locking the drivers side door doesn't lock them either.

I've driven it around a little and tried moving each of the locks. I don't hear the motor sound I heard in the past when I locked and unlocked the driver's door. When I lock and unlock the doors by hand I see the other locks move so I'm assuming the vacuum system is not completely shot. I don't think the fuse is blown because the rear lights interior lights and antenna work and I think they're on the same circuit.

So a few questions. I assume there is a switch in the driver's door and I'm wondering if it may have failed. Is the system suppose to unlock all the doors when the tailgate is unlocked? My tailgate lock has always been difficult to open using the key. Locking and unlocking the tailgate now doesn't affect the other locks.

Assuming it's not the switch I gather the next step is the pump. Where is the pump on the wagon? Is there an easy way to test it?

Anything else I should check?

Thanks,
BoB