Thread: WARPED ROTORS
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2001, 11:56 AM

WARPED ROTORS

I have a 1980 300cd. When I bought the car it made a very noticeable pulsing noise that was most evident while making left right turns at highway speed. The speed of the pulse was determined by vehicle speed. When stopping the brake pedal would pulse also. I took it to Midas for a complete brake inspection. The inspection showed that the left front rotor was warped. So, I had both the front rotors turned and the wheel bearings repacked. The noise was gone, and the brake pedal was back to normal. It's been about 2-3 thousand miles since then and the noise is starting to come back along with the slight pulse in the brake pedal. The car still stops straight even upon hard braking. Is it the rotor getting warped again? Does anyone know what could have caused it? I would like to fix it one more time. But I would like to fix the cause for my rotor being warped. The rest of the initial inspection showed everything else to be fine. I would appreciate any and all advice on this matter. Thank You, andy