Thread: WARPED ROTORS
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2001, 09:27 AM

I made the guy

at the tire store pretty mad yesterday. I took it to a local tire store and had my tires balanced.

First I would not let the guy put it on the rack because there would have been an interference between his rack and a section of the exhaust system. I insisted that he use manual jacks.

Watched in interest as the guy started to try to find a place to put the jack underneath the rear end. He got pretty hot saying that "I know where they need to go", while eyeballing the largest strut that he could see, when I insisted that he put the jacks at the jack points. He finally gave up and walked away when I pulled out the lug wrench and started removing the tires. A Mexican dude came out, took the tires and balanced them (did a good job by the way) and brought them back out to me where I proceeded to remount them. We lowered the jacks and I completed tightening the lug nuts.

The guy cooled off and came back out to the car and understood "whatever it takes to serve the customer". I will go back there the next time I need balancing done. I do not have a balance machine at the house.
Jim
'95 E320
'97 Honda CRV