View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 10:54 AM

I don't know if you can get a minivan in the U.S. that is only 190" length. They're not so "mini" these days.

My brother has a 9-5 aero wagon and just loves it. Capacious as all get out, darn fast, delivers 30MPG on the highway. He lives in Michigan and finds the FWD adequate. It's only a year old, but I've not heard of any problems nor issues with it. Should caveat this by saying he's a bit of a Saab nut. (But drives a w140, the Saab is for his wife...)

Friend in California has had an XC70 for perhaps three years. Really likes it, but it has been to visit the dealer on a fairly regular basis the whole time. Not often enough to consider trading it, but perhaps a little too often for happiness. One of the few wagons out there that will swallow a tandem bicycle in back (with the wheels off - my 124 will perform the same feat).

I'd probably go for the Subie, personally. I just can't see paying north of $30K for a vehicle that's going to get used and abused by kids, recreational gear, Home Depot hauling, etc. Guess that's why I put up with the foibles of my 1987 wagon...

- JimY