View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 07:26 PM

Thank you all for the input and the welcome.

I actually don't remember exactly when the valves were adjusted (I know, I'm bad), but they were probably done a LONG time ago (enough that I don't remember). My guess is at least 50K miles ago if not more. I guess I should let them adjust the valves prior to the compression test. However, what I was trying to get at is that I found it hard to believe that a recent lack of valve adjustment would cause the car to not start (the starter spins, engine cranks and cranks, but doesn't start). My first impression was that it was more a low engine compression (in which case the engine is bad), than a lack of valve adjustment. From what I hear though, it is possible that the valve adjustment may be causing the problem now (glow plugs were replaced). I just want to be more confident that it is possible or probable of this before I spend more money on the car when a bad engine is more probable.

Thanks again. I really love this car (my first benz ever), and want to get her up and running again soon!