View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 08:23 PM

Cool om603 injector late response

I looked at your photographic observation of the washers new and old. Thank you for your input, it was helpful.

I am considering doing something to smooth out my 87 603 and took one apart tonight. After a close inspection with a microscope, I could see nothing worn or otherwise with the injector body or the few internal parts.

I would consider also that the (heat shield) or (crush washer) to me I would call them "seals" could only be a one time use deal and should be new replacements every time an injector is removed, my opinion. Anyway, what prompted you to consider rebuild or clean the injectors? Was your engine running rough?

I'm going to do pretty much the same thing as you and see if there is a difference with mine, it is running loud and a bit rough. If I find not much or any difference with the injector cleaning, I'm thinking about new hydraulic lifters and if not that..........well the list can go on and on and after a while I'll have a new engine!

My engine has about 170K, (soon to go into an 87 300d) and is currently in my 87 300sdl which is well worn inside and out! The 300D is showroom but has a cracked head.