View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Diesel Power

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark DiSilvestro
Diesel Power,
I noticed that the vehicles on your list are either Honda, Toyota or diesel powered. If I were shopping for a new or late model gas vehicle it would proably be a Honda or Toyota. I've been very pleased with my "84 Accord but maybe I should have bought that $6000 '98 Camry I looked at last year. They still seem to have the best track record for reliability, while Mercedes and other European vehicles have fallen below some American cars. As I tend to buy older, more affordable (say "cheap") cars, I expect they may have an assortment of typical used car flaws but I still prefer to reduce my risk of getting someone elses electronic nightmare.

Happy Motoring, Mark
Well, right now, that Honda isn't living up to the reputation of the company. To be fair though, the Goldwing was "found in a barn" by the previous owner. He did alot of work to the bike, but glitches are still coming to the surface. It fouled a plug over the weekend, and it looks like the carbs are screwing up again.

It will basically amount to the tenth time they will be pulled to be "fixed." #1 plug was completely fouled out, while the other three looked normal. I was planning on riding it to Denver next week, but won't be able to get this fixed quickly enough to be able to verify that it'll be up to the trip.