View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 03:08 PM

Heater Servo unit 300D W123

still tryin to figure out my overheating problems...but this just gave me some ideas..

since the cooling system works effeciently off of the huge radiator and relies on pressure from the coolant. i was wondering about my heater servo unit.....
The car used to be pegged a lot around the 120C marker which is extremely detrimental to engine life. I had a new water pump and housing replaced and RnR the radiator and superflushed the system well. temperatures obviously dropped quite a bit but not for that long..

before i did most of the work on this car, my heater servo unit was leaking a little bit but not that much; only at high temperatures say around 110C....theres little evidence of antifreeze around the base unit of the servo unit.

since this is leaking a little bit...should i buy a tube of radiator seal to seal it up for a quick fix...or replace the whole darn thing for 300.00 +75.00 core charge? Most importantly, will this solve my overheating problems on my car, due to the possible loss of pressure? I am currently running 100C everytime i start up and on some hill climbs...it'll go up to about 115C if i drive it really hard.

thanks for everyones input
allen