View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 09:28 PM
L' Résistance

Progressive absolutely sucked. Getting fair price for the car wasn't the issue in this case. My insurance company (State Farm) had already written me a check for fair value for the car. Then they went after Progreesive for reimbursment. I think they call that subrogation or something.

Progressive stalled as long as they could on the medical expenses above what my policy covered. We finally got tired of their stalling and E-mailed their HQ. Within a few days we had a meeting with their adjuster honcho. We sort of had him by the short hairs. We had detailed pictures of the wrecked car and the site. We could prove that their adjuster had been jerking us around. He knew if he didn't settle it right the next step would be the state insurance board, and we also had indicated that we would happily sue their customer, so they settled on the medical expenses.

The one area where we got screwed was on the contents. Wife's dad's microwave oven was destroyed in the wreck, along with some other stuff (like my genuine Australian bush hat), but they would only pay depreciated value (peanuts) on contents. We ended up having to buy daddy a new microwave.

My advice when dealing with Progressive if they start screwing you around would be to make liberal mention of state insurance board and let them know you would sue their customer if need be.

Good luck. Sorry your car got crunched.

2004 C240 Wagon 203.261 Baby Benz
2008 ML320 CDI Highway Cruiser
2006 Toyota Prius, Saving the Planet @ 48 mpg
2000 F-150, Destroying the Planet @ 20 mpg

TRUMP .......... WHITEHOUSE
HILLARY .........JAILHOUSE
BERNIE .......... NUTHOUSE
0BAMA .......... OUTHOUSE