View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 03:49 PM

Won't start.. Maybe a brain teaser. I'm stumped. 300SEL

I've been battling a condition wher this car will just be driving down the road, and cutt off. It would start right back, and may be a month before it does it again. One MB mechanic has looked at it, and come back empty..

It has sat without driving for a couple of weeks, and the other day it took a while to start, but ran fine when it did. It usually starts immediately. I drove it down the road, and it cutt off frequently, but ran with great power when it did run. I parked it for several days while I was out of town.. Today, it will not start. I'm assuming the two problems are related.

Engine turns over fine. Has fire at the plug wires (will jump 1/4 inch gap) that are new ( so is cap, and rotor). Cap and rotor look fine inside. Plugs look fine. I jumpered the fuel pump relay. Tried a different OVP even though I know it will start without it. Sprayed ether in the air flow meter. Made sure the engine was grounded with a meter. It never made any attempt to even sputter.

I don't have a way to verify fuel pressure, but the bosch pump is quite new, and this cutting off problem existed before it was replaced. What has me baffled is that I seem to have a good spark, but spraying ether in the AFM will not make it run..

I'm stumped.. What else am I missing? I doubt the engine has jumped time. It was running smooth when I parked it. HELP.. Somebody throw me a bone.

92 Blown Buick Ultra Pimpmobile 220K and adding 1K per week

88 Wagoneer Slightly modified (Not for soccer moms)

04 Kia Sedona with every option... NICE