Thread: wiper blades
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 02:19 PM

You can get the original wiper blades from Performance Products (************************) or you can go to the dealer and order them. I have had bad results ordering blades thru FastLane. The original blades are shown in the catalogue but they send out aftermarket Bosch microedge blades for OE blade prices that you can get at any autoparts store. There is a big difference between OE Bosch and aftermarket Bosch wiper blades. Besides being sturdier and having the correct mounting hardware (not one for all cars) the OE blades look & work best on the car. Apparently at one time WorldPac (FastLanes supplier) did ship the correct OE blades but they no longer do this. Being I'm one who only wants OE parts on my Benz I was unhappy to find the aftermarket blade when I opened the box. It was returned and I ordered one from Performance Products. I received a correct Mercedes W124 stamped OE Bosch wiper blade and have been very happy with it. Spend the money and get the correct OE blades/inserts for your car.

Here's the OE blade for my W124

Here's what WorldPac shipped.

Also, If anyone needs inserts for their W107,W123,W124,W126 or W201 Mercedes with original blades (can't find them or whatever) Performance Products has them also. No cutting required!

Chris

Last edited by MB_FanAddict; 08-16-2004 at 06:08 PM.