View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 05:07 AM

Hi
OH! Ok we're talking about the same thing, I wasn't sure what you meant by "oil guide". Oil BRIDGE is what they're usually referred to as in a shop.
I think you did OK and fixed it, people just don't realize how tough these motors really are. I heard there have been some of these engines radically modified for racing (unsure what the engines were used in, anyone know?) that were brought up to around 1000 hp (yes, 1000) with a stock block.
But I am hoping too that you didn't harm the engine. If the ticking is gone it's fixed. Hardest part of the job is r&r the valve covers(ps buy new valve cover gaskets when you buy the oil bridges!). Second hardest is deciding to replace all of them on the engine, or just the side that's ticking.
I can't help you there.
I'm sure there are 3 basic types of personalities: Those who replace JUST the bad one, those who replace all of them on the bank that's ticking, and those who replace all of them on both sides. I think I'd replace all of them on the side that's ticking, but BUY enough to do the whole engine if I find a deal on them.
Gilly