View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 05:40 PM

Cool More Mixture/Lambda woes

The car is my dreaded '92 300E. The car has about 160K. About 15K ago I replaced the catalytic converter and various other items after it started running rich. I THOUGHT the problem had been fixed but it seems to have come back with a vengance.

When I check the duty cycle...it's stuck at 81.35. The car smells like it is running REALLY rich and will often die as I try to pull out of intersections. It is getting to the point of being dangerous. If I spray FI cleaner in the intake, it runs better for about 10 min and starts the mess all over again. I'm at my wits end on this. At this point I don't know WHERE to start testing or what to replace. I've spent on this car until I've had it. I'm getting around 14MPG and it's eating me up on the daily commute...plus having to put the car in neutral at stop lights. It's IMPOSSIBLE to drive in the city with the A/C on. This is Texas. It's HOT.

I'm open for any suggestions. I keep parking it under trees HOPING that a limb will fall on it...but none such luck.
95 Nissan Maxima (the indestructible)
89 Ford Ranger XLT (ugliest truck in the South)