View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 01:40 AM
Now Y2K Compliant

Talking

No, no real major problems with this new diesel. Except, sometimes, the A/C will take a minute or two to engage for some reason. The complete A/C system was just overhauled, so when it does come on, it's ice cold. The antenna will not go up or down, which I suspect has something to do with the aftermarket Sony CD player in it, it's probably not sending a signal to the antenna for some reason. The odometer is inoperable. I reset the trip, and it started up again, but quit in 9/10 of a mile. I suspect I need to roughen the shaft the gear is on. But overall, this is a very good car, no leaks whatsoever, I need a little touch up paint though. I have a source for that though. I'm going to enjoy this car very much. I'm used to that 300SD, this 300D is SO much easier to park and handle. The compression numbers are good on it too. If I remember correctly, I think it was...
1- 410
2-390
3-400
4-390
5-400
I wrote it down, but it's outside in the car, and it's too late at night to go outside in this neighborhood, so I'll get the real numbers later. Pretty good for a car with about 344,440 miles on it. I gotta get my high mileage badges soon!
-Joe

Sooner or later every car falls apart, ours does it later!
-German Narrator in a MB Promotion Film about the then brand new W123.