View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Waitn For The Bus All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by webwench
Get someone with small hands to try Or get under the dash, I was under mine last night, it's not bad to get to. (Was pulling out an old radar detector and its wiring.)
Funny you should say that. Only a woman would think of using my 10 year old son for such a project!

I did get it in but only to discover I still have a little water getting into the cabin. Started pouring at all the appropriate places and, sure enough, the after market windshield is leaking. If you look closely you can see the shadow where the gasket used to be and , in the corners at the bottom, the aluminum trim does not fit in the original groove due to the windshield being a little different shaped. Called the place and they said bring it tomorrow but I know what they're gonna do. Some rtv silicone and send me on my way. Forget that!! I'm going to get a real OEM this time and pay out the dough to make it right. Once again, this is a real nice ride. Under the floor mats the metal in the rear seat footwells it looks brand new. The tailgate has zero rust with the only rust being drivers front fender in the usual spot. Nice interior as well and even the cruise works.

Do not get glass from Diamond Auto Glass, a nationwide chain I believe. This is the second time I've had problems with their glass and from here on only oem for me please.

Thanks all--

Bill