View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 01:59 AM

saw a lovely '95 E320 wagon

with approx. 106k miles for $8,950. ad states it is in excellent condition, and the pics seem to confirm it. but it is hard to say, as I have read and heard many sellers say their car is "immaculate" or "very clean" and it is not when I go see it. I'm in the southern california market and was wondering if this is a good deal or not. it seems the average price for this model year is a bit more, like around $9k - $12k (some with even higher mileage). I just finished doing a search and have read up some of the common ($$$) issues with this particular model, such as the gasket, wiring harness, and the infamous evaporator issue. some have said these issues pop up during the first 100k miles. I don't know if the car has records, but I understand it is from a car wholesaler. I also read that this car has a leveling suspension system. I was not aware of this, is it only on the wagon version of this model, and exactly what is its main purpose? is 106k pretty high mileage to be spending that kind of dough on a car?

I'm currently looking for a wagon, either a first-generation volvo V70 or a late-model 855 (preferable a turbo). I'm partial to m-b, but my heart is in a volvo. I'm not a big fan of the wagon body, I must say, but I really like volvo wagons in general. now, seeing this E320 wagon has shifted some interest back into owning another m-b, a wagon at that. so, now my decision is a bit more complicated with another choice of make and model. I would love to hear some insight from some volvo/m-b owners.

edit to add: I have a set of polished 7-spoke slk rims (factory-stock for the slk) that is itching to go on a m-b. it is staggered 7" front and 8.5" rear (I think) an was wondering is they are an easy fit on the '95 E320 wagon without requiring any particular expensive tires or fender flaring. thanks

Last edited by frosty; 10-10-2004 at 02:06 AM.