View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdave
I just one a case with paypal insurance after dealing with a rude vulgar sales guy I finally filed a claim with paypal well after 35 days today I was notified that I had won the seller emailed me a threatening email it was a hassle to do and it was only over $75 but now I am glad I did it. I would like to know how paypal made there decision since it was a technical issue in that the part was not exactly what he said it was and was no good to me.
Dave S
Good for you, the two cases I have been burned was from guys new enough that the insurance was not offered by Paypal. Seems they need some kind of a positive history first. I inadvertantly made a mostly cash payment the pirst time through paypal and they said I am screwed even with a no ship from seller. Use creditcard through paypal ever since, so I have one extra place to complain to.

I try to avoid guys that won' take paypal without a LOT, of positve feedback with no negatives in last 6 months. No guarantee even like that but it helps reduce my risk.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche