View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 08:56 AM

Location: Geographically challenged on the S.W shores of Lake Michigan in S,E Wisconsin
well it stopped again

about the same place on the full tank between half and the white line above reserve. took it on the hwy and did 65-70 with the cruise on. i went about 60 miles on the hwy and on my way back i felt it surging. my wife had experienced the same feeling a couple days ago.

there was no woosh as i opened the drilled gas cap(the previous sure fire answer from the indy shop) as a mmatter of fact i am finding diesel in the shallow part of the area around the cap. obviously fuel is venting out.

the valves were adjusted and the fluids changed. there are a few new lines. the tow driver saw that there is a smoke leak, and i haven't found the part name so here is the description, it is from the bottom of the cannister that the valve cover hose goes into. it is smoking from where it meets the steel line at the bottom. sorry i am feeling technically incompetent right now.

the fella i bought it from knows the vaccuum is clamped off but we don't know why and he thinks the other lines are reversed somehow.

it has broken down teice in three weeks. it has 144,000 miles and i have less than 700. he has offered to buy it back at a reduced price and i am ready to do that.

any thoughts?

Last edited by 83-240D; 10-31-2004 at 09:07 AM.